Willow crossed her arms as she watched the boys exchange papers. “You’re not seriously doing this, I hope?”
Rivek laughed as he thumbed through the pages of Bohren’s essay. “Why break tradition?”
“Re-word it a bit more this time,” Bohren said. “I think the professor’s onto us.” He sat down and began erasing the numbers on his homework. Over his shoulder, Willow could see he was now writing them back to match Rivek’s.
“You’re both cheating!”
“It’s only cheating if you copy it directly,” Rivek shrugged. Willow read the first line of his essay. Two words differed from Bohren’s. “And if I were truly cheating, don’t you think I’d pick a better writer to copy?”
Bohren glared at him. “Sixty-seven is still passing.”
“And I’m still very grateful for that sixty-seven.”
“I can’t believe you two are really doing this.” Willow grabbed Bohren’s essay out of Rivek’s hands. He pinched her wrist, causing her to drop the paper to the ground, and picked it up as she rubbed the new sore spot on her forearm.
“Well, believe it. Some of us poor unfortunates simply aren’t as intelligent - or should I say, aren’t as lucky? - as you. Not everyone can afford school - or what was it in your case? Tutors?” Rivek handed her his textbook. “Here, you might want to get started on your reading for next year.”
“Ugh,” she threw the book down in disgust. It landed on the stone floor with an echoing bang. Crossing her arms, she left their room, slamming the door behind her.
“67 par tenti.” 67%. - 070/100 Themes.
I don’t know why ‘67%’ is theme number 70.
Rivek is very good at math, but Bohren is not at English. So even when copying answers, it’s not a very fair trade.
Willow’s father accrued substantial war debts, so she is actually very poor. Therefore, when people even bring up her family’s financial status, she gets rather angry.
More Art/Story Featuring These Characters: Bohren Tabirian, Rivek Ailinar, Willow Solan belong to Grace Fong, :icofictograph:
I guess it's not just the visual aspect, it's that in manga or some webcomic, I can't think of a relationship dynamic that had something as small or random as a pinch in the arm. Sure there's slaps or hair tussles or cheek pinches, but again, this small thing just makes them real because not everybody acts the same way.
Yeah. Rivek is very specific in the way he acts. And I try to be very aware of my little things like that. I took a class that made me really aware that speech patterns can show a lot about a chracter. It's not just about dumb accents like "look at dis' here varmint" because that's hard to read, but about the characters word choices.
In particular, I keep a list of things like:
- Rivek has a filthy mouth, but he will never use a racial or sexual slur. When he insults someone, he only insults their looks or intelligence. He will usually reference what the person before him said when making witty comebacks. Rivek's humor is also notably self-deprecating.
- Sorian rarely uses contractions. He will say "I cannot" instead of "I can't." He always says things in terms of himself with unnecessarily large words. Like "I believe we should locate a place for nourishment" instead of "do you want to grab a bite?" He will also openly comment on things which would be considered socially taboo.
- Willow uses the largest vocabulary of the cast. Because she's a nerd. She lacks confidence and thus leans toward using passive voice.
- Bohren uses the most filler words like "yeah" and "uhm". His vocabulary is simple compared to the rest of the cast but is very honest and direct.
- Mirab learned English as a second language, so she has an accent. Her grammar thus isn't totally perfect, and her vocabulary isn't that wide. She tends to state things very formally and matter-of-factly and doesn't talk much about feelings.
Oh fudge that is glorious and speech pattern writing is where I'm dying atm, just with my own story writing for Necromancer so I have had to ask for a friend's help cause it's victorian period and allwargle-garble.
Well its been about
2 weeks since my
last giveaway right
:?:star: To enter
simply Fave :+fav:
:star: - and this is
not required, but I
would like to get my
youtube channel out
there so I would be
honored if you could
take some time to
check it out(also
A few days ago we
had a chat to
issues and solutions
(see the original
thanks to everyone
who came and raised
took 45 minutes for
the volume of talk
to max out Sta.sh
limit and this chat
went for two more
For this tutorial
series I am
elements you can
create or modify
with the help of
CSS. The level of
experience that is
needed to be able to
tutorials can differ
and will be in no
order. However I
will try to explain
the things as simple
The Price Cap For
Commissions Has Been
30% Off Fine Art
Last Day to Shop
etpurple: The Stock
Don't forget to
feature if you like
it.You can also "+1"
a selection from
r:Have a close
`anmari has been spreading her infectious positivity throughout our community for over 6 years. Throughout this time Ana has been at the core of all things devious, passionately developing an eclectic gallery, helping organise devmeets, participating in chat events and also recently completed dedicating her time as a Community Volunteer. We are absolutely delighted to bestow the Deviousness Award for May 2013 to `anmari, congratulations! Read More